Okay everyone who knows me, knows that I’m crazy over this system working. In the first couple of pictures there is the first aftermarket replacement compressor that I had to pay dearly $$$ to get a new bracket made.
Then of course the replacement compressor was leaking down internally at the exhaust solenoid! I had to mail it to the company, then they mailed it back to me with a note “nothing wrong”. Then I had to email them pics of the air bubbles where it was leaking. It’s always something….
So after I sent them the pictures they sent me a replacement compressor that’s a different model? This one already leaked around the air dryer adapter unless it’s halfway unscrewed? !??! Always something…
For this car I used an aftermarket antenna. You have to take the fender apart along the door seam and wheel well. This is a tendious task but easily done if you relax, turn on some good music and just do it. I also reconfigured my factory power antenna relay so the contacts were closed and sent the constant hot and radio hot to the new antenna using existing factory wiring. Otherwise I’d have to find a constant hot under the hood. I don’t like to add new hot wires – too much of a fire hazard. Once I got to hooking the antenna up to the radio I found that the exisiting antenna wasn’t even hooked up but rather someone had stuck a heavy gauge wire in the antenna jack! crazy..
Not much to say here. Tomorrow I’ll tackle installing the power antenna. Maybe finally cleaning up the interior.
After I finally got the windshield washer arm repaired I needed to see why the washers weren’t working. The current pump was pushing air but not sucking air. I replaced the pump with a new Anco model from the local auto supply. At first it didn’t want to pump either but something just didn’t sound right and I thought I’d trying switching out the ports for the in and out with the original one I had a rebuilt kit in. Sure nuff it started spraying. Then while I was doing wipers and such, I installed a spare low washer fluid sensor in the washer bottle. I had to drill a hole in the washer bottle for the sensor to hang down it. Wasn’t too hard to do that and add another neat option to this car.
The passenger side wiper arm was flopping around. It looked like it had got stuck in the up position then when the arm closure forced it down the side of the alumimun arm ripped open. These pictures show how each arm is removed. Kinda tricky for your first time, but mirrors help!
This is what I saw when I was testing for leaks. I had to replace the O-rings on the air dryer and the air line that connected to the air dryer. Actually the compressor on this car held 31 psi over the weekend! PERFECT! except the exhaust solenoid has an open in the coil — It doesn’t work! GREAT!
Test inserting a picture
The bright light indicator was not working so the car would not pass state inspection. I removed the lower dash, dropped the column and changed all the bulbs in the speedo cluster. FYI if you do this grease the cable and connector to the speedo before you put it all back together!
This is Linda Riviera. So far it’s had a rebuilt transmission complete with a Trans go Shift Kit for the 325 4-L. I can’t wait to get the front end, new tires and shocks done so I can tell how smooth this car is going to be.